Rumble in the Jungle
Join us for an exciting overnight adventure!
Catoctin Wildlife Preserve and Zoo has planned quite an adventure for your family. Sleep under the stars in your own tents, with the morning calls of the animals as your alarm clock.
Scheduled delights include:
- Picnic Style Dinner
- Visits by live animal guests,
- Live animal program
- A guided twilight tour of the zoo, and
- A campfire wrap-up. (When was the last time you roasted marshmallows?)
Check-in begins at 5 p.m. on Saturday, with activities beginning at 6 p.m. Your gear must be packed and out of the zoo before the zoo opens to regular guests at 9 a.m., but you are welcome to stay as long on Sunday as you like. You’ll need your own tents (sorry, no camper units allowed.), sleeping gear, flashlight, insect repellant, and personal hygiene items. That’s it! We take care of the rest.
Your registration includes:
- Your zoo admission
- Picnic style dinner (usually fried chicken, hot dogs, chips, salads)
- All of the evening’s programs, and
- A continental breakfast with coffee, juice, fresh fruit and donuts to get you started.
Cost is $ 40 per person for current members, $ 60 per person for non-members. Participants must be ages 5 and up, with appropriate adult supervision required at all times. Space is limited to 100 participants. Current members receive preferential reservations
Registrations with full payment can be made now. Confirmation notices will be mailed to you. This is a rain or shine event. We look forward to seeing your family at this year’s “Rumble in the Jungle.” If you have questions, please call the Education Office at 301-271-4922 x10.